Protect Your Skin from The Sun's Deadly Rays
The summer sun can wreak some serious cosmetic and health damage on our skin. Luckily, there are ways to prep your skin before to keep it safe all summer long. Here are my best tips:
- Always apply sunscreen if you plan to be outdoors for an hour, even during cloudy days: sResearch proves that strong ray of lights gets through them and can cause damage. Never leave home without applying your sunscreen during the upcoming summer months.
- If possible, avoid direct sun exposure between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. That’s when the sun is at its mightiest.
- Get naked and stand in your lit bathroom as you check for moles, any irregular shapes, or any lesions that bleed or won’t heal
- Always follow the ABCDE’s when self-examination; asymmetry, border, color, diameter and evolving.
- If you’re a fitness buff and prefer the outdoors be sure to start early in the day or very late in the afternoon. Get clothing with built in SPF to keep your skin protected. And, of course, still apply your sunscreen!
- If you live in a walking city and are fearful of fine lines and wrinkles, use the shady side of the street to walk your pooch or to do errands.