Relationships & Love
Successful Dating Tips For Women Over 50
A certain percentage of women over 50 are no longer interested in marriage but do want to date. Jumping back into the dating pool is never easy but with a few tips anyone can be successful.
These important dating tips will help mature women bring their best self to the table so they can “get out there” with confidence.
1) Once you decide to go back to dating, start with a positive attitude. If you are optimistic about meeting someone, you will have more of a chance of making that happen.
2) Give yourself a dating makeover so you feel good about yourself and how you look. It doesn’t have to be anything extravagant. Try a new haircut, a new lipstick, or just a different “dating outfit.” It doesn’t matter what it is, just go out there looking a little different and you are bound to have some good results.
3) Reach out to your friends, family and colleagues and let them know that “you are back”. Most people are busy with their own lives; it’s time you let them know what is going on in your life. Tell them that you are open, interested and available to be introduced to someone if they think of anyone.
4) Spend that $20 or $30 and try online dating. Maybe you had a bad experience in the past, but these are new times. With a positive and revitalized attitude, things might be different this time around. Or if you have never tried it, give it a go! Many people have met their significant other this way.
5) Schedule an appointment with a Matchmaker and at the very least gets some good dating advice from that professional. Matchmakers like myself have been listening and observing for years what works and what doesn’t work when it comes to dating. Schedule a meeting and pick that Matchmaker’s brain.
6) Ask a close but also straightforward friend to be brutally honest and tell you what they think might be an impediment when you get back out there to date. Ask them to critique you in an honest and helpful way so you can put you best foot forward.
*I remember what my grandmother said: “You get invited, you go, and you never know who you are going to meet.” Hence, whenever you get invited out, whether it’s a party, a gathering, a dinner, etc., even if you don’t feel like going, you go. You put on that pretty dress, a smile and positive attitude and you head out the door because “you never know…”
New York City’s celebrity Life&Style coach and anti-aging experWarshaw-Wernick comes to your rescue when your life needs a redesign inside and out. Andrea, who is in her 60s but looks like she could be in her 40s, is an expert in the stage of a woman’s life she calls “Chapter Two”. Andrea is the founder of the boomer website http://fabatanyage.com/ and she launched the Fabulous Forever Program http://fabatanyage.com/fabulousforever/ to help women 45 years and over achieve their life and style goals.
Want Andrea to help you refresh your life? Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.